Browser Isolation: A SANS Review of Cyberinc’s Isla
Matt Bromiley, Rajiv Raghunarayan, Grant Langhus
The browser is often your user’s go-to tool for accessing multiple resources, including sensitive and confidential information and third-party resources. The wide scope of browser usage makes it an easy target for threat actors to use in the early stages of an intrusion. Browser-borne attacks are omnipresent, and the importance of viewing the web browser as the new endpoint cannot be understated. With a browser isolation platform such as Cyberinc’s Isla, security teams can insert an extra layer of security and potentially mitigate a wide range of browser-borne attacks.
In this webcast, SANS Instructor Matt Bromiley puts Isla through its paces and shares his experiences with Isla from both the user and security teams’ perspective.
The webcast and the report will help you learn about:
- The impact that browser isolation has on the end user’s experience
- The ease of installing Isla, and working with high-level dashboards and accessing key data points
- The level of control and insight that security teams can have over users and their activities within the browser
- The various analytics security teams can glean, including browser session lengths and visibility into normal versus abnormal user activity
- How to get access to threats and malicious files without needing an EDR technology in place
Matt Bromiley is a SANS digital forensics and incident response (IR) instructor, teaching FOR508 Advanced Incident Response, Threat Hunting, and Digital Forensics and SANS FOR572 Advanced Network Forensics: Threat Hunting, Analysis, and Incident Response.
Rajiv serves as the Senior Vice President of Products and Marketing at Cyberinc and heads the product management, marketing and strategic alliances functions. Rajiv has more than two decades of experience in technology and marketing leadership positions at companies such as SentinelOne, FireEye and Cisco.
Grant Langhus is Manager, Information Technology, Luana Savings Bank. With nearly a decade of experience in the Financial Services Industry (FSI) and more than 15 years of building and leading global corporate IT and security programs, Grant’s emphasis on efficiency has allowed him to build proven corporate security programs and strategies.